Reports To: Head of School and Teacher Services
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
This position is responsible for building PK-12 school tour attendance through the implementation of marketing plans, execution of tour sales, and coordination of details and logistics associated with revenue generating school tour bookings and with the Art Access Program as needed. This position also supports the implementation of marketing plans, execution of tour bookings, and coordination of details and logistics associated with the Art Access Program as needed.
· Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. with some evenings and weekends as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Responsible for teacher cultivation, tour visit promotion, tour sales and bookings, and advance communication for PK-12 schools.
· Monitor sales and revenue progress and provide regular reports to the Director of Education and Head of School and Teacher Services; as well as other Museum leadership.
· Conduct ongoing outreach to schools, teachers and administrators in order to identify and inform potential visitors about the school tour program.
· Develop promotional materials relating to program, including but not limited to on-line tour promotional information.
· Builds and maintains relationships with visiting schools to ensure success of the program.
· Prepare tour confirmation packets to be mailed to teachers and follow up with schools after their visit.
· Coordinate with Member and Guest Relations staff to ensure the successful arrival and departure of buses, ticket processing, and lunches for students and chaperones participating in the program.
· Responsible for tracking school tour bookings, collecting necessary data, and reporting school tour sales progress on an ongoing basis.
· Manage budget for school tour marketing, including tracking and coding of invoices.
· Works closely with the Coordinator of School and Teacher Services and Coordinator of Education Volunteers to schedule docent tours.
· Analyze, report, and archive post visit communications, identifying those to be used in outreach publications and Development reports.
· Must have reliable transportation to travel to local and regional schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations - Art History, Education or Museum studies preferred.
· 2 years working in a professional environment with increasing responsibility.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must have excellent customer service skills, be well organized and enjoy working in a high-paced, multi-task environment.
· Must be a team player with an ability to work with a variety of community stakeholders, members of the education community, and staff.
· Ability to network, identify and cultivate strong relationships inside and outside the Museum.
· Must have good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to perform basic math functions: add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Proficient in balancing budgets, invoicing and reporting statistics.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite, including excel, knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software a plus.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registration:
· Valid driver’s license is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements by clicking here to apply