Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE: Marketing Intern
Department: Marketing – ASO LIVE
Reports to: Manager, Marketing
Status: Unpaid Internship
The Marketing department of the Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE, a series of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, an operating division of the Robert W. Woodruff Arts Center, Inc. Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE promotes non-classical series concerts at Atlanta Symphony Hall in Atlanta, Georgia.
Provide support to the Marketing team as it pertains to administration, projects and other activities. The Intern will work across various social media platforms to promote and market the organization, brand and programs, including performances, activities across The Woodruff Arts Center and community partnerships.
- This is Unpaid Internship with a minimum of 20 hours per week, 3 to 5 days per week, and/or flexible to be set between supervisor and intern.
opportunities for growth and development include the following:
- Assist with a variety of marketing activities and projects.
- Assist with maintaining and updating contact lists including, but not limited to: press, radio, print, television and other marketing partner contacts.
- Assist with maintaining print book.
- Assist with conducting industry-related research. Competition, historic sales and other artist research as needed.
- Assist with providing support for various marketing and promotional projects including database mailings, press mailings, radio promotions, retail promotions and texting programs.
- Work closely with the associate marketing manager to set up grass roots promotions. Assisting in research of potential promotional partners.
- Assisting in researching creative, new and strategic social media marketing across all platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr that engage fans, build venue fan base and raise show awareness.
- Gain email best practice knowledge as well as experience in assisting in deploying email campaigns.
- Gain real world experience by assisting the Marketing team on day to day activities.
To perform this internship successfully, an intern should be pursuing a college degree in public relations, communications, journalism, music, or a related field. Possess demonstrable writing and editing abilities, and be highly organized, computer-proficient, and comfortable with new challenges and deadlines. Knowledge of the music industry is preferred but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Research skills
- Marketing department support
- Special projects
- Venue/Concert experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor
- Possess strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Have a positive attitude and be devoted to teamwork
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the ASO LIVE Marketing Intern in subject line.