Social Media Marketing & Communications Intern
Fall 2019 (August 2019 – December 2019)
Job Division: The Woodruff Arts Center
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Communication Manager
Employment status: Unpaid internship
The Social Media Marketing & Communications Intern will provide support to the Marketing & Communications Manager in social media content generation, event coverage, and administrative tasks. The Intern will exercise his/her skills in writing, media research, social media, and story-telling to effectively promote and market The Woodruff Arts Center and community partnerships.
- This is an unpaid internship with approx. 20 hours per week, 3 to 5 days per week.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Assist in the advancement of the third-largest arts center in the United States
- Experience working for a non-profit in the heart of Atlanta
- Assist in social media engagement and scheduling
- Develop internal and external written materials (i.e. press releases, newsletters, emails)
- Participate in meetings with the External Relationships team
To perform this internship successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, creative writing, creative marketing, and/or the like
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required
- Social media experience required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of social media and copy-writing/editing
- Have a positive attitude and be devoted to teamwork
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and digital portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com with Social Media Marketing & Communications Intern in the subject line.