Marketing & Communications Intern
Department: The Woodruff Art Center, Marketing
Reports to: Communications Manager
Status: Unpaid Internship
Provide support to the Marketing & Communications team as it pertains to administration, data entry and events. The intern will work across various social media platforms to promote and market the organization, brand and programs, including performances, activities across The Woodruff Arts Center and community partnerships.
This is unpaid internship with a minimum of 20 hours per week, 3 – 5 days per week.
Opportunities for Growth & Development
- Assist with Social Media engagement and scheduling
- Photography to promote the Arts Center and/or related activities
- Prepare materials for internal and external meetings
- Participate in Communications meetings
To perform this internship successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- In-college internship
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Graphic design experience a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor
- Possess strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Have a positive attitude and be devoted to teamwork
- Social media skills preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.