Multimedia Marketing & Communications Intern
Fall 2019 (August 2019 – December 2019)
Job Division: The Woodruff Arts Center
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Communication Manager
Employment status: Unpaid internship
The Multimedia Marketing & Communications Intern will provide support to the Communication Manager in content generation, event coverage, and administrative tasks. The Intern will exercise his/her skills in graphic design, photography, videography, and story-telling to effectively promote and market The Woodruff Arts Center.
- This is an unpaid internship with approximately 20 hours per week, 3 to 5 days per week.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Assist in the advancement of the third-largest arts center in the United States
- Experience working for a non-profit in the heart of Atlanta
- Photography/videography to promote the Arts Center and its programs
- Develop promotional materials for the Arts Center
- Participate in meetings with the External Relationships team
To perform this internship successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, photography, film, videography, creative marketing, and/or the like
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Videography/photography experience preferred
- Video/photo editing experience preferred
- Previous internship experience in a creative field preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of story-telling through photography and film
- Photo/video editing skills
- Have a positive attitude, devotion to teamwork, and willingness to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and digital portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Multimedia Marketing & Communications Intern in the subject line.
<p><a class=”button” href=”/internship-application-form” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Apply</a></p>