Manager, Special Contributions and Brand Awareness (Temporary/Full-time)
Reports To: Director of Development
Employment Status: Temporary/Full-time
The Alliance Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Manager, Special Contributions and Brand Awareness is responsible for planning, managing and implementing efforts for individual special contributions relating to 50th Anniversary efforts, particularly new gifts associated with Alliance Theatre Board member networks. The Manager will help implement special giving campaigns and brand awareness to acquire new gifts to the Theatre, as well as special one-time 50th Anniversary gifts from lapsed donors and retired/former Board members. The manager reports to the Director of Development. Strong strategic planning, fundraising, management, organizational, written and verbal communication, computer proficiency, as well as experience in working with high-level individuals, refined brands and volunteers are essential to the successful fulfillment of this position.
This position will be filled as soon as possible, and will be a temporary, full-time position through at least May 31, 2019.
• Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Some early mornings, evenings and weekends are required for special events
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• In collaboration with Alliance and Woodruff Arts Center Development leadership, develop a comprehensive plan, as well as a time line, for special 50th Anniversary individual giving and brand awareness.
• Strategize and implement, with the assistance of the Director of Development and Board Committee leadership, major gift efforts for individual donors giving $1,000 and above and major gift prospects at various current giving levels.
• Strategize individual comprehensive Board giving strategies – including corporate giving when applicable – managing solicitation, implementation, and follow up.
• Meet annual income goals for special 50th Anniversary campaign.
• Handle all administrative support for major gifts and Board-connected giving including creating and implementing major gift and special acquisition mailings, designing and drafting all individual gift proposals and delivering benefits to clients.
• Work with the Woodruff-wide Development colleagues in efforts to renew and/or increase the giving level of lapsed donors or valued prospects.
• Work with Graphic Designers, printers and other necessary parties to develop solicitation materials (brochures, etc.).
• Supervise volunteer follow up when required for solicitations. Handle solicitation and closing process when necessary.
• Plan and implement major donor special events connected with acquisition efforts.
• Providing personal client service to donors including touch base, telephone calls and invitations to special events.
• Developing personal relationships with donors, board members, and volunteer leaders.
• Design and run analytical reports and provide Finance department with correct information in order to process major gift and special pledges/contributions.
• Work with Development colleagues to strategize and coordinate department fundraising efforts.
• Represent the Alliance at various events and meetings when necessary, presenting a professional appearance at all times.
• Understand and communicate the artistic vision of the Alliance Theatre.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software are required.
• Experience in using Tessitura software is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.