Accounting Coordinator, Entry Level/General Support (Regular/Full-time)
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Accounting Coordinator position is an entry level role which will provide general support for the operations of the accounting department – financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Accounts Payable Processing/Accounts Receivable Processing.
- Complete various accounting projects with limited supervision to include verifying the existence of fixed assets.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors, reconcile vendor statements and
- handle vendor correspondence.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts on a monthly basis. Assist in maintenance of chart of accounts.
- Participate in the restaurant physical inventory as needed and perform inventory audits.
- Participate in the fiscal year-end audit preparation.
- Communicate accounting policies and procedures to staff as needed.
- Perform account analysis as required and special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and general ledger systems.
- Strong bookkeeping, analytical and computer skills essential.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Payroll experience highly desirable
- Accounts payable experience is necessary
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information to other staff members as needed.
- Strong bookkeeping skills essential.
- Ability to reconcile cash receipt reports and other accounting reports.
- Ability to compute rates and percentages.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations where immediate decisions may be necessary.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.