ASO, Sales Associate, Symphony Store (Temporary/Part-time)
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Manager of Symphony Retail Operations
The Sales Associate will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service while assisting customers in the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s Retail Store.
*This is a temporary/part-time position during concerts/events in Symphony Hall.
1 or 2 Evening shifts a week and 1 or 2 daytime shifts a week required (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) 4-5 hours per shift.
*Evening Hours of Operation for the Symphony Store before, during and after all concerts is 5:30-10:30pm. Daytime Hours of Operation for the Symphony Store 12 noon – 5:00 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Obtains and receives merchandise requested or selected by customer.
- Answers customer’s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Performs accurate sales transactions:
- Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Keeps record of sales, prepares inventory of stock, and takes customer contact information for orders of merchandise.
- Wraps or bags merchandise.
- Maintains neatness of the store -Cleans shelves, counters or tables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Customer Service and/or Retail Experience.
- Knowledge of classical music is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be professional, courteous and helpful.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to respond appropriately to customer inquiries and resolve customer concerns.
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with customers.
- Accurately calculate change, discounts and perform other basic math functions.
- Compute rates and percentages.
- Able to operate and balance a cash register.
- Experience with Retail POS systems to process sales.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.