Assistant Manager, Wine Auction and Special Events ( Regular/ Full Time)
STATUS: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO:Associate Director, Wine Auction and Special Events
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to produce events from conception through to completion. Events include, but are not limited to High Museum Gala, Collector’s Evening, Driskell Dinner, Wine Auction, cultivation events, and other events as assigned. Event coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events).
- Excellent social media skills.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- BS in Event Management or related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising (CRM) software preferred.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Maintain all aspects of social media for Wine Auction (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event.
- Serve as “lead” for one or more major event with assistance from Special Events Team.
- Recruit and manage volunteers (internal and external) for each event.
- Conduct research to gather proposals and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Proactively handle any issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Research market to identify new event opportunities and generate interest.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Coordinate event logistics including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Generate routine correspondence (solicitation letters, acknowledgements, committee updates)
- Other duties as assigned
An Equal Opportunity Employer