Assistant Stage Manager/Lighting ( Regular/Full-Time)
POSITION ROLE: Serve as in-house lighting technician and designer; serve as crew chief when necessary for ASO; interfacing with operations staff to assist in advancing ASO events; responsible for some planning and administrative functions of the department and assist in the coordination of overall communication of production information with operations and production staff.
A. Lighting Technician/Design
1. Operate and maintain Symphony Hall stage and house lighting, dimmer systems, including light board operation, focusing and performing routine maintenance.
2. Create and implement lighting designs for ASO performances and Symphony Hall Live events.
B. Stage Responsibilities
1. Set-up and strike stage equipment for all rehearsals and performances.
2. Assist with the maintenance and up keep of performance and rehearsal spaces.
3. Act as stage manager when the Stage Manager is absent, including supervising all part-time stage labor and contractors and when the orchestra is split.
4. Assist Senior Production Manager with administrative duties of the department, including but not limited to crew schedules and payroll, tracking expenditures and adhering to budgets, creating stage plots, and overseeing equipment inventory and maintenance.
C. ASO Presents and Rentals
1. Working with Senior Production Manager, Stage Manager and interfacing with clients to advance events and ensure smooth coordination and implementation of all productions.
2. When required act as Stage Manager for ASO events
D. Concerts outside Symphony Hall
1. Assist with packing, loading and transporting ASO equipment and instruments for all off-site performances.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF WORK:
The Assistant Stage Manager is a full time, exempt position with no typical workday. It is necessary to work the hours necessary to service and to execute the responsibilities of the position. Such work may entail long hours as well as weekend and evening work. While conditions may alter the amount of time spent in any one area, the time spent on position responsibilities can be expected to be as follows:
Orchestra Concerts 25%
ASO Presents 25%
Administrative work 15%
Lighting work 35%
College degree preferred
3 years stage production experience
Physical stamina; strength and ability to lift and transport heavy equipment
Strong computer and organizational skills; experience with AutoCAD, Vector Works strongly preferred
ETC Certification preferred
Good driving record and valid driver’s license
Ability to supervise and interact effectively with others
Background check required