Associate Director of Membership (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Director of Development
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Associate Director of Membership oversees the operation and administration of the Museum’s membership and guest relations with the responsibility for managing a 35,000 household program that generates $3.44M revenue through membership dues. This position supervises 6 full-time and temporary employees and works closely with the Museum’s senior staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers.
40% Campaign Management– Oversee development and execution of all membership campaigns including renewals, acquisition, annual fund, upgrade, and gift membership.
35% Analytics, Insights, and Reporting– Analyze data and report to key museum leadership. Develop offerings and collateral that advance the Museum’s vision and overall plan.
10% Event Planning and Management– Support the planning and execution of all member events.
10% Revenue and Expense Budget management– Responsible for revenue goal of $3.44M with expenses of $1M.
5% Wine Auction Support– Support the execution of the High Museum’s largest fundraising event.
• Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Oversee all aspects of the Museum’s membership, annual fund, art partners, young professionals, and guest relations.
• Build and manage strategic and annual membership campaigns, staffing, and program plans. Work with senior leadership to set appropriate goals and targets for program growth and provide follow-up and analysis of strategies and goals.
• Create and manage acquisition, renewals, telemarketing, upgrades, and annual fund campaigns. Test new methods to maintain/grow membership.
• Create member research plan to assess member satisfaction and provide relevant insights to the organization.
• Evaluate membership benefits and program profitability for continued effectiveness. Refine and manage membership benefits fulfillment process.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to integrate programs/events and maximize value to members. Develop annual schedule of member events.
• Work with staff to prepare and distribute member email communications targeting special offers and events. Ensure proper language and offer is carried over from other direct mail campaigns.
• Responsible for overseeing departmental budget of $1,000,000 annually. Provide weekly reports to senior leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• College degree preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
• 6+ years experience with membership programs. 3+ years management experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated success in planning and directing a goal-driven, results oriented environment.
• Experience in soliciting and closing gifts is required. Five years or more is desired, with a minimum of three years strongly suggested.
• High level of self direction, self motivation, and ability to set priorities.
• Excellent managerial skills and ability to motivate and create enthusiasm among a team.
• Willingness to staff evening and weekend events as needed.
• Experience in using fundraising software for prospect and contact management strongly preferred. Familiarity with Tessitura a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.