Associate Director of Corporate Philanthropy (Regular/Full-time)
Department: Advancement/Corporate Philanthropy
Reports To: Senior Director of Corporate Philanthropy
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Senior Director of Corporate Philanthropy, the Associate Director of Corporate Philanthropy is accountable for the growth of contributed revenue from corporate donors.
• Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for meeting a budgeted revenue goal for the annual Corporate Campaign.
• Manage and solicit donations from an assigned portfolio of corporate donors and prospects.
• Act as primary liaison for between 10 to 15 C-suite level volunteers for the Corporate Campaign.
• Work with volunteers and Arts Center leadership to complete successful corporate solicitations.
• Serve as subject matter expert on one of the Woodruff Arts Center’s artistic partners’ programs and funding needs.
• Provide positive, supportive communication to donors, volunteers, patrons and Board members.
• Contribute to special corporate philanthropy projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of development or applicable experience; experience in corporate philanthropy a plus.
• Demonstrated track record of achieving increased revenue goals.
• Donor database or similar experience required; experience with Tessitura preferred.
• Proficient with MS Word, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to connect with corporate donors, particularly at the C-suite level.
• Ability to solicit donations.
• Proven success in presenting compelling cases resulting in increased revenue.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively with donors and build relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include exceptional writing and editing.
• Ability to communicate with all departments, working collaboratively as needed with a variety of people, creating and maintaining an innovative and cooperative staff work environment.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.