Associate Director of Individual Giving ( Regular/Full Time)
This position oversees a team of four staff and will interface with the High’s highest-level donors, members of the board of trustees, and event committee volunteers. This position’s responsibilities include the following:
Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:00PM and some nights and weekends depending on event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee Friends of Collection, Director’s Circle and Circles member programs consisting of 4 team members with combined revenue goal of $3.8M
- Maintain active major gifts portfolio—solicit five and six figure gifts in support of The High Museum
- Oversee and execute ongoing stewardship efforts, including donor reports, special acknowledgements and recognition materials
- Manage and contribute to the creation of proposals, donor communications, and presentations for major gifts
- Create a strategic plan for major gifts, in collaboration with the Director of Development
- Manage related events with the goal of ensuring an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship
- Oversee database management, gift processing and gift recognition, and related donor correspondence
- Accountable for keeping up to date on Tessitura procedures, attending all required training sessions and ensuring accurate and timely data reporting.
- Develop and implement a moves management plan for Circles, Director’s Circle and Major Gifts
- Collaborate with the team in the creation and implementation of all annual appeals, campaigns and cultivation events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred.
- 6-10 years experience in a Development, with a proven track record of meeting goals and soliciting five and six figure gifts
- Experience with a portfolio and portfolio tracking
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills with experience as a staff supervisor
- Ability to navigate a complex work environment, experience with decentralized fundraising model a plus
- Ability to craft successful fundraising proposals
- Strong writing and editing skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in art and/or experience in a museum setting is preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.