Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra Assistant (Temporary/Part-time)
Department: Education & Community Engagement
Reports To: Manager of Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra
Employment Status: Temporary/Part-time
Assist and support all aspects of the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra’s auditions. He/she will be responsible for recruiting volunteers; creating and organizing schedules, score sheets, and signage; setting up and tearing down event spaces; assist the Manager of ASYO with day-of event(s) duties; help establish a positive audition experience for all patrons.
• Flexible schedule necessary because hours may vary.
• Will need to work onsite ALL audition dates and times (May 2018), and will need to work some hours in the office in weeks leading up to and following auditions (April – June 2018)
o Exact Dates & Times to be determined
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Collaborate with the Manager of ASYO to implement all aspects of the ASYO Auditions
• Recruit volunteers necessary for running ASYO Auditions (runners and room proctors)
• Responsible for creating and organizing schedules, score sheets, and signage
• Responsible for setting up and tearing down of spaces for ASYO Auditions, including check in tables, warm-up rooms, and audition rooms
• Assist with Audition Day duties, including room and table management, training and coordinating volunteers, and performing hospitality duties for judges and volunteers
• Organize files after completion of events (results, score sheets, videos)
• Help establish a positive environment and experience for all students and families visiting the ASYO Auditions
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Currently enrolled in college or have recently completed a Bachelors Degree.
• Previous experience with youth music ensembles preferred
• Previous experience with office/clerical work
• Appreciation for and some knowledge of music is essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptionally friendly, patron-focused approach and commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor while working with colleagues and others.
• Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 20 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.