Class and Camp Administrative Manager ( Regular/Full-Time)
Reports to: Director of Education/Associate Artistic Director
Position Role: Plans and executes all drama camp logistics; Coordinates class and camp sales, Manages customer service team; Identifies and maintains partnerships with community organizations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Drama Camp and Acting Classes:
· Oversees class and camp operations and logistics
· Assists in the marketing and sales of acting classes
· Recruits, interviews, and trains volunteer teaching assistants and camp administrative staff
· Coordinates space reservations and scheduling of camps
Customer Service Team
· Manages the customer service team’s performance and schedules
· Ensures that classes, workshops, and other education events are adequately staffed
· Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements
· Ensure team members work productively and develop professionally
· Actively seeks out new afterschool community partners that align with the mission of the Alliance Theatre
· Strengthens existing partnerships in new and creative ways
· Manages logistics of after school programs including generating contracts, hiring teaching artists, assisting with curriculum development when needed, conducting site visits, and other duties as needed
Education and Experience:
· BA in Theatre and/or Theatre Education
· At least 2 years experience in a supervisory role
· At least 2 years experience in customer service
· Experience in developing, marketing, and implementing educational programs
· Experience working with families in an arts or educational setting
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity software, databases, etc.
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work, both independently and collaboratively as a team member, with minimal supervision.
· Creative, with the ability to handle simultaneous, multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently and with good humor.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.