Data Analyst ( Regular/Full- Time)
Department: Sales and Revenue Management
Reports To: Vice President, Sales and Revenue Management
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
This person will be an integral member of the Sales and Marketing team who creates technical analytic methods to execute and support organizational initiatives and solve problems through data. The Data Analyst is responsible for creating and analyzing reports to track audience development and revenue growth.
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with some nights and weekends required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Design, prepare and automate reports on subscription and single ticket sales progress throughout the season, as well as customized reports to meet the needs of the Sales, Development, Finance, Marketing, Subscription and Education staff.
- Track and analyze marketing key metrics to provide necessary support for various sales initiatives, including the effectiveness of various campaigns.
- Collect data and conduct quantitative analysis from multiple systems to guide business decisions.
- Manage data extraction and lead generation efforts for direct marketing and fundraising efforts, including the preparation of data files by appending data, deduping records and performing merge/purge functions.
- Develop and manage list segmentation for all direct marketing campaigns.
- Serve on WAC Tessitura Power Users Group (organization CRM and ticketing system). Duties include fundraising data management, setting WAC -wide ticketing process standards, customization and table structure design/management, report design, beta testing of new product features, and assist in producing a “Best Practices” procedures manual for the Arts Center. Also providing occasional technical support and advice for other Divisions.
- Work with Vice President, Revenue Management to create pricing analysis and revenue forecasting.
- Read technical journals and/or manuals, attend vendor seminars, and take advantage of appropriate professional development opportunities to learn about new database marketing techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SQL.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in database management, analytics and marketing campaign management.
- Technical/IT, ticketing and general marketing background preferred.
- Required skills include working knowledge of Windows and client/server SQL database systems; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel and Access; SQL Query knowledge and relational marketing database systems, and Tableau Business Software skills a plus.
- Must be proficient in communicating technical and marketing data in an effective manner to all levels of staff.
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented while meeting goals and short timelines.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to quickly establish relationships with key personnel within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and orchestrate multiple projects in a fast-paced marketing environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.