Development Manager (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Associate Director of Major Gifts
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
To be responsible for private support from individuals through solicitation of gifts for Director’s Circle at the $12.5K-$25K levels. The Director’s Circle is an annual fund membership program.
The Manager assists the Museum’s Director of Development, the Museum’s Director, and Board Members with targeting individual giving prospects, developing strategies of solicitation, the cultivation of prospects, and stewardship of donors.
25% Stewardship of Donors– Manage current donors and identify ways to re-engage lapsed donors.
25% Cultivation of Prospects– Develop strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit donors.
25% Event Planning and Management– Support the planning and execution of all Director’s Circle events including travel program.
20%- Campaign Management– Manage all Director’s Circle donor campaigns and gift processing.
5% Wine Auction Support– Support the execution of the High Museum’s largest fundraising event.
• Monday – Friday, 9am -5pm, with some evenings and weekends required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Collaborate with museum development staff in developing solicitation strategies for all prospects. Coordinate appropriate research and next steps for cultivation.
• Assist the Museum’s Director of Development and the Museum’s Director with cultivation of major donors and prospects, including scheduling, research, materials, and preparation.
• Build lasting relationships with Museum patrons and donors through consistent communication, meaningful recognition and stewardship.
• Oversee gift processing, development and fulfillment of donor benefits, gift recognition donor correspondence, and mailings.
• Manage special assignments as appropriate related to Board activities and special events, and interface with Curatorial Department to organize and oversee donor recognition luncheons, dinners and other special events.
• Manage and produce at least three fundraising events per year
• Support and input into the development of a Major Gifts strategy
• Plan and execute Director’s Circle events
• Plan Director’s Circle travel and accompany group as needed
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• College degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
• At least five years of fund raising/development experience, preferably in the area of Individual giving.
• Experience in using fundraising software for prospect and contact management strongly preferred. Familiarity with Tessitura a plus.
• Experience with Board Members and other volunteers.
• Research and public relations experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to work with a wide variety of people.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• High level of self-direction, self-motivation, and ability to set priorities.
• Willingness to staff evening and weekend events as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.