Development Operations Associate (Regular/Part-time)
Reports To: Manager of Development Operations
Employment Status: Regular/Part-time
The Development Operations Associate is responsible for supporting the data management functions of the Development team through preparation of operational support, data maintenance, processing and reporting, donor account information, and general support to the Development team.
• Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
• Flexible to work evenings and weekend occasionally upon request.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Manage the daily flow of information related to donor records, account information, gift entry, acknowledgments, reports, etc. as a part of the departmental fundraising activities including:
• Operational Support – Process, track, and acknowledge all gifts in a timely manner
o Gift entry and tracking
o Creating/sending/tracking acknowledgments
o Customer support for gift questions
• Ongoing Data Maintenance – Adhere to organizational standard to ensure data integrity, and maintain Data on a continual basis.
o Updating all donor information in the Tessitura database.
o Ensure the integrity of the database by following established protocols and procedures for data entry and storage.
o Merging duplicate accounts, relationships and contact updates as necessary.
• Data projects – “small” data and/or research projects that help to support the day to day processes that need to happen in a timely manner
• Donor Recognition Assistance–
o Verify recognition listings for Individual Giving donors, oversee donor honor roll and symphony wall data requests,
o Assist in preparation and mailings of benefit fulfillment pieces.
o Performs other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Development Operations, such as assisting with donor events and light clerical duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
• Demonstrated, above-average proficiency in computer software programs, with emphasis on the Microsoft Office products, and database systems.
• Familiarity with Tessitura and MailChimp a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer service, organizational and administrative skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong attention to detail with exceptional accuracy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.