Digital Communications Manager (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Content Strategist
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Alliance Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Alliance Theatre at the Woodruff Arts Center is seeking a Digital Communications Manager to create, implement, and track digital media and marketing initiatives in support of the Alliance Theatre. This position works closely with the Content Strategist to develop, deploy, and manage digital communications that engage online audiences across multiple channels, including the website, e-mail communications, Alliance app, and digital advertising. The ideal candidate is both a digital media producer and developer who knows how to create compelling content and deploy it in a fast-paced environment.
• Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Due to the public-facing and e-commerce nature of the website, candidate must have flexibility to be available on evenings and weekends for emergency site maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work with the Content Strategist to develop and execute digital campaign elements that complement the marketing and content strategy.
• Create and implement all email marketing campaigns for the Alliance.
• Provide insight and recommendations for campaign tracking, analysis, and optimization across web with latest analytic tools in conjunction with the Database Administrator.
• Advance the Alliance’s email marketing strategy through A/B testing and segmentation.
• Create and maintain all content on Alliance Theatre website and app.
• Create and maintain all Alliance content on third-party, event-listing websites.
• Work with the Content Strategist and Marketing Manager to create content for paid digital advertising campaigns (display and social media campaigns).
• Manage vendor relationships with external agencies supporting the Alliance’s digital presence, including web development vendor, email marketing platform, website hosting company, and mobile applications.
• Work closely with the Content Strategist and Brand Journalist to create digital content that supports marketing goals.
• Work to identify customer growth opportunities in areas of acquisition, retention, and reactivation via digital communication channels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; studies in Web Administration, Design, Development or Management, Digital Marketing, Digital Communications or related field a plus.
• 3-5 yrs of wide ranging experience on digital and/or web projects and teams.
• Experience with Wordfly or similar email marketing platform required.
• Experience with Tessitura or a similar CRM system required.
• Experience with Drupal or similar CMS required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong work-related knowledge of HTML, XHTML, CSS, browser capability standards and SEO. Mobile experience a plus.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency.
• Ability to learn new technologies and translate value to stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.