Director of Sales and Guest Services ( Regular/ Full-Time)
The Alliance Theatre is committed to the equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer organization. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Director of Sales and Guest Services works with the Managing Director and the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement strategies that increase revenue from single and season ticket sales, grow the Alliance Theatre’s audience and drive patron loyalty. This position manages Promotions, Partnerships, Consignment and Group Services.
· This is a full-time position. Must be willing to work some weekends, evenings and early mornings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Develop and execute data-driven strategies that maximize single and season ticket sales through effective pricing, scale of house, inventory management and demand management practices.
· Forecast revenue from single and season ticket sales for all Alliance, Hertz and Family Series productions.
· Analyze daily single and season ticket sales, participating in weekly revenue pacing meetings with senior leadership to monitor and maintain progress against goals.
· Working closely with Director of Marketing and Communications, Director of Development and Data Analyst, design subscription and/or membership models that drive revenue and improve patron loyalty.
· Supervise the Group Services team to create excellent group experiences that grow new and recurring revenue and support promotional and community partnership opportunities.
· Work effectively across departments to balance earned revenue goals with access programs, audience development initiatives and contributed revenue opportunities.
· Collaborate with the Data Services and Box Office teams to ensure all pricing, seating and ticketing information in Tessitura is accurate and functional.
· Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and Alliance Senior Staff to develop strategies that expand the diversity of Alliance Theatre’s audiences.
· Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to conduct and analyze market and audience research to forecast trends, capture demographic / behavioral data, monitor perception of the Alliance brand and its productions/programs and evaluate progress against goals.
· Work closely with Woodruff Arts Center and its arts partners to develop strategies and align resources that improve shared data collection and analysis.
· Synthesize and present sales and revenue projections and reports to the Alliance Theatre senior leadership, Woodruff Arts Center leadership, and Board of Directors as required.
· Work with Marketing, Development, Engagement and Education teams to build and implement a Patron Loyalty program that welcomes first-time ticket buyers and cultivates life-long relationships between the Theatre and our patrons.
· Uphold the artistic standards and the mission of the Alliance Theatre.
· Group Sales
· Season ticket concierge
· Part time sales associate
· Assoc. Director of Guest Services, Box Office (with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Have a proven history of successful strategic data analytics.
· Experience building teams and collaborating successfully in a matrixed organization.
· Must be a self-starter who can take initiative as a leader.
· Maintain excellence in quality and efficiency of work.
· Must be organized and detail-oriented.
· Track record of excellent customer service.
· Able to handle several tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
· Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite.
· Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years related experience preferred.
· Expertise with Tessitura or similar CRM required.
· Experience in a performing arts or entertainment venue preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office work at a computer (option to sit or stand).
· Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and heavy lifting (at least 10 pounds).
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.