Donor Services Coordinator (Regular/ Full-Time)
Department: Donor Services/Dev Ops
Reports to: Donor Services Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Donor Services Coordinator works to proactively support the Donors Services team and assist the Donor Services Manager with the improvement of all aspects related to donor experience for the Woodruff Arts Center constituents. The ideal candidate will have a strong donor/customer service background, admin and project management experience.
· Monday – Friday 9:00am -5:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform gift entry for all the Woodruff Arts Center Advancement team
- Manage Credit Card Auto Billing Utilities
- Tessitura Maintenance regarding payment schedules, creation of funds, campaigns, source codes acknowledgement codes, etc.
- Backup documentation Management
- Initiate Employee Payroll Deduction
- Matching Gift Portal management
- Address internal stakeholder concerns regarding contributions
- Interface closely with Woodruff Finance on critical reporting, including monthly reconciliations, fiscal year end audit, and other reporting as-needed
- Support Advancement team with Gift of Securities tracking
- Process and mail accurate tax receipt letters to donors within 48 hours of receipt
- Address donor concerns regarding their contributions by phone, mail and email
- Prepare Pledge Billing mailings on a monthly basis
- Prepare Acknowledgment Letter mailings on a weekly basis
- Audit documentation preparation and follow-up
- Special Collaborative Projects-Thank you and new donor calls, etc
- Provide support for executing Corporate & Individual team events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated, excellent proficiency in computer software programs, with emphasis on the Microsoft Office products, and database systems. Ability to learn Tessitura fundraising database software
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service, organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor
- Possess strong Microsoft Office skills, computer software programs with an emphasis on database systems
- Have a positive attitude and be devoted to teamwork
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.