Executive Vice President of Administration (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: President & CEO
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Executive Vice President of Administration serves as the chief operating officer for the Woodruff Arts Center and reports directly to the CEO. This position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Woodruff Arts Center has the proper operational controls, administrative procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
• This position is typically Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm however from time to time long hours and weekend work may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the Woodruff including its Arts Partners.
• Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company as required.
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
• Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to management career development.
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Results Driven.
• Business Acumen.
• Decision Making.
• Financial Management.
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for Woodruff Operations and Facilities, Food and Beverage Operations, Events Management, Human Resources and Information Technology; frequent and key interface with Arts Partner Operations, Patron and Ticket services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• At least eight years of strong operational experience in a complex organization structure.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in business or related field.
• At least five years in a senior management role.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing areas such as human resources, information technology, and legal a plus.
• Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic and diverse leadership team.
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organizational mission.
• Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.