Front of House & Guest Services Supervisor ( Regular/ Full
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Front of House Manager
Employee Status: Full-time
The Woodruff Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Front of House & Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests visiting the Woodruff Arts Center, as well as its employees, while maintaining the Box Office and / or Concierge Desk. This position will also act as Front of House point of contact for select Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performances. The Front of House & Guest Services Supervisor will also be responsible for assisting the Atlanta Symphony Front of House Manager and Associate Director of Guest Services and with any additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Schedule will vary and is based on Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre’s performance schedule. Position will be primarily during nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-rate customer service to a wide variety of guests and staff, while being cognizant of and sensitive to diverse stakeholders’ needs.
- Provide information regarding events taking place on campus through clear and concise verbal communication, whether at the Concierge Desk or at the Box Office including answering questions concerning prices, seating and events for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre performances; identify and act upon opportunities to up-sell and bring in increased revenue while providing patrons with more opportunities to engage
- Utilize multiple ticketing platforms to accurately fulfill ticketing requests and transactions and prepare nightly reconciliation of all cash and credit card sales transactions.
- As needed, act as Atlanta Symphony Front of House by overseeing night of show operations, including coordinating ushers and volunteers, and following all concert procedures.
- Act as liaison between all Arts Partners as needed.
- Respond to inbound phone calls in a timely and courteous manner and execute outbound sales calls as needed.
- Maintain the lost and found during performances.
- Prepares nightly reports of event summary to distribute to Arts Partners
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of all Arts Partners events taking place on campus
- Proficient in Ticketmaster and Tessitura platforms
- Able to work independently
- Excellent organizational, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Comprehension in Word, Excel and Outlook
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma and / or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Account or related field
- 2-4 years of customer service / box office experience preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.