Front of House Manager (Regular/Full Time)
Under the direction of Senior Directors, Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE and Sales and Revenue Management, the Front of House Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects related to front of house operations and the volunteer usher program for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. In addition, the position will be responsible for the successful and safe management of all programs taking place in Symphony Hall.
- Onsite for all concert nights and weekends
- Intermittent hours during weekdays to complete concert preparation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of front of house management related to each performance, including scheduling of Show Pros staff and volunteers, as well as the distribution of schedule and staffing reports.
- Manage volunteer usher program, in tandem with the Woodruff Arts Center Volunteer team, that includes training on emergency procedures and customer service.
- Coordinate with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Artistic and Operations team on nightly front of house procedures.
- Act as a liaison to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Manager of Operations, Woodruff Arts Center Operations and Box Office staff for Front of House and night of show duties.
- Oversee lobby, theatre and backstage areas, including identifying onsite hall repairs.
- Attend and participate in meetings related to production, event calendar, and volunteer management.
- Ensure professional appearance and conduct of all front of house personnel.
- Ensure the highest standard of safety, security and customer service is met for our patrons.
- Submit nightly front of house report and customer service issues for each performance in a timely manner.
- Assist with the Patron Loyalty Program to improve the patron experience and increase patron engagement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Availability to work weekends as needed.
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years in venue management or facilities experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. College degree preferred.
- 2 + years customer service experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Experience and strong ability to recruit, organize and delegate work to multiple teams. Strong verbal and organizational skills and a professional presence required.
- Requires strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Must adapt quickly and calmly to changes in daily routine and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.