Guest Relations Representative (Temporary/Part-time)
Department: Operations – Guest Relations
Reports To: Manager of Guest Relations
Employment Status: Temporary/Part-time
The Guest Relations Representative will assist in the day to day operation of all locations including but not limited to audio distribution/collection, membership sales desk, group sales check-in, and special events.
• Hours vary during the High Museum of Art’s operating hours.
• Tuesday – Sunday, 9am – 5pm *9pm/10pm on Fridays
• Must be available to work day shift, weekends, holidays and evening events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Assist in the group arrival/departure process by providing necessary crowd control, tickets, answer questions, and provide directions.
• Explain audio tour to all guests detailing the device operation, various tours, and pick up/drop off locations.
• Proactively approach all guests and up-sell Memberships and their benefits; Contribute to various sales contests
• Proactively approach all guests and up-sell audio tour (when available); Contribute to various sales contests
• Greet guests with positive, friendly and helpful attitude. Create and maintain a positive impression of the High Museum of Art.
• Proactively address all guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the High and surrounding area.
• Clearly relay all information to members and the general public about audio, exhibitions, special events, programs, lectures, films, etc.
• Demonstrate professional courtesy to co-workers, as well as proper phone etiquette.
• Train and become proficient with aspects of Tessitura. Process transactions following proper POS procedures.
• Responsible for arranging coverage and coordinating with the supervisor when needing time off.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• 2 + years Customer service/Sales experience
• Bilingual proficiency in Spanish preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic about interacting and helping guests.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form
• Must adapt quickly to changes in daily routine and work well under pressure
• Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.