Guest Service Associate ( Regular/Part-Time)
Guest Service Associate
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Box Office / Patron Experience Manager
Employee Status: Part-time
The Guest Service Associate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests visiting the Woodruff Arts Center as well as its employees while maintaining the Box Office and / or Concierge Desk. This position is responsible for welcoming guests, answering questions, guiding them to their destinations on campus, processing ticketing sales and distributing will call. The Guest Service Associate will also be responsible for assisting the Assistant Manager, Box Office and Patron Experience Manager with any additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Schedule will vary and is based on Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre’s performance schedule. Position will be primarily during nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- First Rate Customer Service
- Provide information regarding events taking place on campus
- Utilize multiple ticketing platforms to fulfill ticketing requests
- Provides customer service while staffed at the Concierge Desk
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Prepare nightly reconciliation of all credit card sales transactions and cash
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning upcoming Events to upsell and increase revenue
- Act as liaison between all Arts Partners for night of show inbound calls
- Maintain the lost and found items during performances
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Ticketmaster and Tessitura platforms
- Knowledge of all Arts Partners events taking place on campus
- Excellent organizational, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be prompt, dependable and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Familiarity with ADA requirements and patron assistance
- Comprehension in Word, Excel and Outlook
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma and / or bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2-4 years of customer service / box office experience preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.