Guest Service Associate ( Regular/Part-Time)
Title: Guest Service Associate
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Box Office / Patron Experience Manager
Employee Status: Part-time
The Woodruff Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Guest Service Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests visiting the Woodruff Arts Center, as well as its employees, while maintaining the Box Office and / or Concierge Desk. This position is responsible for welcoming guests, answering questions, guiding them to their destinations on campus, processing ticketing sales and distributing will call. The Guest Service Associate will also be responsible for assisting the Assistant Manager, Box Office and Patron Experience Manager with any additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Schedule will vary and is based on Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre’s performance schedules. Position will be primarily during nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-rate customer service to a wide variety of guests and staff, while being cognizant of and sensitive to diverse stakeholders’ needs.
- Provide information regarding events taking place on campus through clear and concise verbal communication, whether at the Concierge Desk or at the Box Office.
- Utilize multiple ticketing platforms to fulfill ticketing requests.
- Accurately dispense tickets as requested by patrons; accept payment and make change accurately
- Prepare nightly reconciliation of all cash and credit card sales transactions.
- Efficiently and courteously answer questions concerning prices, seating and events for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre performances; identify and act upon opportunities to upsell and bring in increased revenue while providing patrons with more opportunities to engage
- Act as liaison between all Arts Partners as needed.
- Respond to inbound phone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
- Execute outbound sales calls as needed.
- Maintain the lost and found during performances.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of the arts and an ability to speak about the symphony and the theatre in a compelling manner
- Excellent organizational, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be prompt, dependable and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Familiarity with ADA requirements and patron assistance preferred
- Comprehension in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Tessitura, Ticketmaster, or other ticketing platforms is a plus
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma and / or bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of customer service / box office experience preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.