Guest Services Coordinator ( Regular/Part Time)
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Box Office & Patron Experience Manager
Employee Status: Part-time
The Guest Services Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Guest Service Associates as well as providing excellent service to all guests visiting the Woodruff Arts Center as well as its employees. This position is responsible for planning, supervising and managing box office sales, personnel, related reporting activities and assisting in event coordination.
Schedule will vary and is based on Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre’s performance schedule. Position will be primarily during nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish First Rate Customer Service
- Maintains Box Office & Concierge Desk standards on nights and weekends
- Distributes detailed event information to all scheduled Guest Service Associates
- Prepares or assist with preparation of a daily sales report of B.O. transactions.
- Prepares nightly deposits and reconciliations.
- Prepares nightly reports of event summary to distribute to Arts Partners
- Assists or prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed
- Assists with preparation of the final Box Office statement for settlement of each event.
- Responds to day-of-show customer complaints in a timely manner to maintain a positive rapport with our Patrons.
- Maintains accurate count of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers and change banks
- Utilize multiple ticketing platforms to fulfill ticketing requests
- Opens and or closes ticket window(s) based on Patron demand.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Fills requests for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning upcoming Events to upsell and increase revenue
- Reports back to Assistant Manager, Box Office & Patron Service Manager of situation and behaviors that need to be monitored or corrected by individual staff members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of all Arts Partners events taking place on campus
- Proficient in Ticketmaster and Tessitura platforms
- Able to work independently
- Excellent organizational, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Comprehension in Word, Excel and Outlook
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma and / or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Account or related field
- 2-4 years of customer service / box office experience preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.