Guest Services Coordinator ( Regular/Part Time)
Title: Guest Services Coordinator
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Box Office
Employee Status: Part-time
The Woodruff Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Guest Service Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Guest Service Associates as well as providing excellent service to all employees and guests visiting the Woodruff Arts Center. This position is responsible for planning, supervising and managing box office sales, personnel, related reporting activities and assisting in event coordination.
Schedule will vary and is based on Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre’s performance schedule. Position will be primarily during nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a team leader, establish first-rate customer service to a wide variety of guests and staff.
- Supervise and motivate team of Guest Service Associates.
- Maintains high quality service and enforces policies and procedures, particularly on nights and weekends.
- Prepare or assist with preparation of a daily sales report of Guest Services transactions.
- Assist or prepare cash bank, nightly deposits and reconciliations, and daily ticket inventory, ensuring accuracy with great attention to detail.
- Assist with preparation of the final Box Office statement for settlement of each production/event.
- Respond to day-of-show customer comments or issues in a timely manner to maintain a positive rapport with our patrons.
- Utilize multiple ticketing platforms to fulfill ticketing requests.
- Accurately dispense tickets as requested by patrons; accept payment and make change accurately.
- Fill requests for seats by telephone or mail, handle Will-Call window according to procedures.
- Efficiently and courteously answer questions concerning prices, seating and events for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Alliance Theatre performances; identify and act upon opportunities to upsell and bring in increased revenue while providing patrons with more opportunities to engage
- Communicate to Assistant Manager, Box Office of any situations and behaviors that need additional staff attention or follow up.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of all the arts and an ability to speak about the symphony and the theatre in a compelling manner
- Able to work independently
- Excellent organizational, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with ADA requirements and patron assistance preferred
- Comprehension in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Tessitura, Ticketmaster, or other ticketing platforms is a plus
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma and / or bachelor’s degree; a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field is preferred
- 2-4 years of customer service / box office experience preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.