Individual Giving Coordinator (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Manager of Leadership and Individual Giving
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Individual Giving Coordinator is primarily responsible for the Telefund Campaign to meet fiscal year goals including providing lead files for each set of campaigns throughout the year along with processing, tracking, and acknowledging donor gifts and pledges assigned to Individual giving. Additionally, this position will oversee the Individual Giving Direct Mail annual campaign gift import and reporting using Tessitura. This position fields all incoming calls in relation to Individual Giving contributions, memberships, benefits, and general inquiries; and forwards all other calls to the appropriate person(s).
As part of the Annual Fund Benefit Fulfillment team, this position assists in the preparation of benefit fulfillment mailings and recognition lists and attends donor functions as required.
• Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for the management of the phone room and tracking the corresponding gifts. Responsible for providing a predetermined set number of leads throughout the years as well as providing an updated list of withdrawn and new leads. Responsible for generating and mailing acknowledgment letters for gifts and pledges to Individual Annual Fund donors assigned to Individual Giving, as well as generating and mailing pledge reminders over the course of the current and future fiscal year. Responsible for meeting the Annual Fund Goal. This position will build and maintain relationships with the manager and calling staff in the phone room.
• Responsible for the execution of the Individual Giving Direct Mail annual campaign including pulling the appropriate leads, drafting the corresponding solicitation for each lead. The direct mail will also involve overseeing the gift import and tracking and reporting on responses; along with the proper acknowledgements.
• Responsible for all solicitation and stewardship emails including pulling email lists, designing and creating content, and collaborating with the marketing department to fit our emails within the organization-wide email strategy.
• Responsible for customer service to Individual Giving Donors and updating donor records in Tessitura and researching, as appropriate, and recording Customer Service issues in Tessitura.
• Verify recognition listings for Individual Giving donors, oversee donor honor roll and symphony wall data requests, and assist in preparation and mailings of benefit fulfillment pieces.
• Participate in annual goal setting and attainment activities; provide insight and recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Individual and Leadership Giving, such as assisting with donor events and light clerical duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 2-4 years previous work experience in development setting, preferably Individual Giving.
• Ability to function as a team leader, providing direction and assistance to third party contracted services (TeleFunding phone room).
• Demonstrated, high level proficiency in computer software programs, with emphasis on the Microsoft Office products, and database systems. Familiarity with Tessitura and MailChimp a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer service, organizational and administrative skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong attention to detail with exceptional accuracy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.