Major Gifts Officer (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Director of Development
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will design and execute on a comprehensive major gifts strategy for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. As a senior member of the ASO Development Team, the Major Gifts Officer will oversee and execute on fundraising efforts within the high-level donor portfolio of the Annual Fund, and additional special projects as needed
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm, some nights and weekends required as needed for concerts and after hour events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Actively work with ASO Development and Executive Leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive major gifts strategy to include Board giving, the Appasianato Campaign, the Major Gifts Campaign and Special Projects as conceived by the Director of Development and the ASO Executive Director
- Work collaboratively with and in support of the Symphony’s Executive Director and Director of Development to deepen the engagement of the donors within the major gifts portfolio to the ASO
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle for major donors:
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies tailored specifically to each individual donor
- Engage volunteer leadership to facilitate the successful stewardship of major gifts
- Make or manage solicitations for gifts in excess of $10,000
- Maintain strong relationships with all donors, nurturing and enhancing relationships to serve both the donor and the organization
- Oversee ASO President’s successful stewardship of the ASO’s most deeply invested ASO stakeholders; help steward and develop the relationship between the ASO donor base and the Executive DirectorWork in partnership with other ASO Advancement staff on projects, as assigned.
- Work collaboratively as a senior member of the ASO and Woodruff Arts Advancement team.
- Represent the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s mission, programs and message with stakeholders and helping to activate a broad segment of the community behind Symphony’s mission
- Develop effective working relationships and work in close conjunction with the Executive Director and Music Director
- Represent the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra at various events and meetings when necessary
- Understand and communicate the artistic vision of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Development experience; preferably with some arts knowledge/background as well as Capital and Endowment Campaign experience
- 1-2 years of experience specifically involving Major Gifts
- Portfolio of donors
- Demonstrated success in securing 6-figure gifts and building a cohesive, successful team
- Knowledge of modern constituency building techniques, including a focus on donor-centricity
- Sound computer and technical skills (Microsoft Office and non-profit CRM)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Friendly and professional demeanor that engenders relationships with donors and colleagues
- Highly organized and motivated
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.