A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Manager of Development Operations and Prospect Research (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Director of Development
Employment Status: Regular/Full-Time
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Vice President of Development and Director of Development, the Development Manager has at least two years of Development and/or office experience. This position will support the Development office in their work to secure key gifts. The Development Manager will execute the Development office’s day to day operations.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide leadership to development team to plan and execute prospect pipeline critical to current and future fundraising goals.
- Provide leadership and administrative assistance for Development run Board Committees and Advisory Council.
- Master relational database and software tools.
- Direct and supervise Development Operations Associate to ensure accurate and timely gift entry and acknowledgment processing.
- Establish and oversee a system for tracking, reporting, and managing prospects based upon comprehensive research that drives cultivation and solicitation strategies for current donors and prospects.
- In collaboration with VP of Development and Director of Development, participate in weekly meetings to review assignments and best strategies for donors within the portfolios of gift officers.
- Create benchmarks and goals for a moves management program to ensure that the proper amount of turnover occurs in assignment portfolios, and that portfolios are kept adequately supplied with new prospect names, then monitor and report on the progress of these goals.
- Compile, sort, and prioritize lists of donors and prospects in ways that enable the organization to understand the giving capacity and giving propensity of its constituency.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum office experience, at least 2 years of development experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with donors and donations preferred
- Self-starter with high initiative
- Reacts positively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
- Project management and planning skills with ability to multi-task
- Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment; is willing to assist others
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and business etiquette.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Database management experience – Tessitura preferred.
- Strong analytical and data-management skills.
- Donor centered approach and commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Strong project management skills required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.