Manager, Technology Infrastructure (Regular/Full – Time)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Information Technology
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The IT, Infrastructure Manager will manage an internal team of dedicated network, systems, and information security engineers who are responsible for day-to-day operational support, maintenance, upgrades, and deployments to the Woodruff Art Center Technology Infrastructure.
· 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday – Friday | On-call rotation as needed (As escalation only)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Oversees the daily operations of infrastructure and operations staff
· Responsible for all aspects of an organization’s network systems and server infrastructure including software, hardware, virtualization, and security components
· Responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization’s network, virtual, physical, and cloud infrastructure
· Recommends, implements, and maintains network architectures (LAN and WAN), server and virtualization strategy
· Assesses organization’s current and future network needs
· Manage vendor relationships, contracts, service agreements and invoices
· Manage organization’s database infrastructure needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage, computing, and networking.
· Establishes policies and procedures related to data security and integrity
· Responsible for developing and managing information systems security, including disaster recovery and database protection
· Provide support for and maintain evidence for PCI & PII compliance audits
· On-call rotation as needed (As escalation only)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
· 4-year College or university with a BA/BS in computer science or information systems required. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
· Minimum 4 years of experience managing technical staff responsible for IT support and operations.
· Minimum 4 years of experience working in ITIL service management organization
Key Technology Proficiencies and Experiences:
· Multiple years of Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
· Demonstrated experience managing Data Center Operations engineering team
· Solid understanding of:
· Server, Storage, network, and database technologies, including VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Cisco networking, NetApp, and Veeam.
· Experience with managing an Office 365 environment
· Experience with cloud computing platforms will be a significant advantage
· ITIL Foundations certification highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
· Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
· Detail oriented with strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
· Excellent project and time management skills
· Energetic, self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
· Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.