REPORTS TO: Manager of Marketing
· To provide the High Museum of Art marketing and communications department with marketing support
· To coordinate implementation of marketing and promotional campaigns
Monday-Friday,9am-5pm, some evenings and weekends
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Assist manager of marketing with developing and implementing marketing and
promotional plans that drive attendance to and generate revenue for the museum
· Manage relationships with media outlets and advertising vendors
· Coordinate the process and timeline for marketing team initiatives
· Manage production calendar and ensure that creative is delivered according to plan
· Work with internal teams to write collateral copy and manage copy review and approval process
· Track effectiveness of email marketing and social media campaigns; modify campaigns to improve performance
· Assist marketing manager in tracking and analyzing marketing and social media campaign performance
· Stay abreast of current trends in marketing and new media to assist manager of marketing in developing new strategies
· Build relationships with internal and external constituencies to promote the museum and build the High brand
· Manage interns
· Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
· At least 2 years marketing/communications experience in a relevant industry
· Experience with marketing and social media analytics
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, social media applications, and emerging media
· Basic knowledge of html, email marketing software, and content management systems
· Ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into marketing strategies and tactics that will drive performance
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadlines
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
· The High Museum of Art, founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association, is the leading art museum in the Southeastern United States. With over 11,000 works of art in its permanent collection, the High Museum of Art has an extensive anthology of 19th- and 20th-century American art; significant holdings of European paintings and decorative art; a growing collection of African American art; and burgeoning collections of modern and contemporary art, photography and African art. The High is also dedicated to supporting and collecting works by Southern artists and is distinguished as the only major museum in North America to have a curatorial department specifically devoted to the field of folk and self-taught art. The High’s Media Arts department produces acclaimed annual film series and festivals of foreign, independent and classic cinema. In November 2005, the High opened three new buildings by architect Renzo Piano that more than doubled the Museum’s size, creating a vibrant “village for the arts” at the Woodruff Arts Center in Midtown Atlanta. For more information about the High, please visit www.High.org.