Marketing Manager ( Regular/Full Time)
Reports To: Director of Communications
Employment Status: Regular /Full Time
As a key member of the communications team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and oversight of all marketing activities for the High Museum of Art, including advertising, promotions, social media, and audience development efforts. The Manager of Marketing will conceive of and implement innovative marketing and communications strategies that attract and retain a diverse audience for the museum, it’s public programs, and exhibitions. The Manager of Marketing will integrate digital and traditional platforms to approach cultural marketing in a dynamic, thoughtful, and creative manner; while continuing to grow the identity of the museum as a welcoming, inclusive, collaborative, cultural destination in the Southeast
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with occasional weekends and evenings required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serve as a primary liaison between High Museum of Art and the Woodruff Arts Center colleagues to ensure that marketing efforts are in sync with Museum goals and priorities; complement external marketing.
- Work in partnership with other Museum managers to refine and strengthen the museum’s brand.
- Provide vision and strategic framework for institutional marketing, advertising, and social media to ensure messaging and brand consistency.
- Identify and target key audiences to build awareness, engagement, affiliation and loyalty.
- Provide regular reports and overviews to Museum leadership about all marketing initiatives.
- Develop and Manage marketing budget.
- Oversee and build promotional partnerships that support citywide promotion and tourism efforts.
- Oversee social media and e-mail communications to maximize awareness of the museum and its public programs, exhibitions and events.
- Establish marketing metrics and key performance indicators for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Analyze performance metrics and provide course correction, if needed, to optimize messaging and improve campaign effectiveness.
- Manage marketing agency media buys to ensure marketing campaign recommendations align with Museum priorities.
- Collaborate with museum colleagues to identify promotional needs; develop messaging development, brand positioning, media planning and copy writing.
- Develop Messaging and trafficking documents that provide overall direction, advertising copy, specifications and deadlines.
- Work with colleagues to gain necessary institutional reviews and approvals
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or other relevant field preferred.
- At least five years of experience in marketing communications, or advertising, to include staff management, team leadership, vendor and budget oversight, preferably in a museum or similar cultural or entertainment venue.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and social platforms
- Proven knowledge in advertising and messaging development, brand positioning, media planning, and copy writing
- Knowledge of HTML and HTML5 a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Successful candidate must be thoughtful, able to work well as part of a team, build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Results -proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing strategies.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication and listening skills, and the ability to communicate persuasively about the Museum and its programs.
- Capable of handling a complex portfolio of responsibilities and able to work efficiently in a fast- paced environment.
- High level of self- direction, self-motivation, and ability to set priorities and solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
- Technologically proficient and forward-thinking
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and ability to lift up to 10 pounds is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate