Member and Guest Relations Representative (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Membership Customer Service Supervisor
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Member and Guest Relations Representative, Membership, will assist in the High Museum of Art’s Call Center in customer service and membership efforts.
• Work schedule will vary Monday -Friday, 9am – 5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Answer member and non-member calls; assist with member issues and questions; promote membership sales; provide verbal information for all programs
• Maintain appearance of the Member Services Support Line Area and insure that current information and brochures are well stocked.
• Responsible for understanding all written information (manual, HIGHLife, etc.) and daily verbal and written instructions given by supervisor
• Clearly relay all information to members and the general public about exhibitions, special events, programs, lectures, films, etc.
• Demonstrate professional courtesy to co-workers, as well as proper phone etiquette
• Answer general questions about prospective membership promotions
• Provide feedback to supervisors about effectiveness of promotions, member problems, member feedback on programs, etc.
• Responsible for promoting team effort within customer service staff
• Assist supervisor in coordinating mailings, ticket orders, etc.
• Train and become proficient with aspects of Tessitura
• Responsible for arranging coverage and coordinating the supervisor when needing time off
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• 2 or more years of customer service and/or sales experience
• College degree preferred
• Bilingual proficiency in Spanish preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to recognize customer attitudes and handle customer concerns quickly
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes in daily routines
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to motivate and create enthusiasm
• Ability to be a team player
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.