A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Member Services Assistant( Regular/ Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Membership
DEPARTMENT: Development – Membership
The Member Services Assistant provides support for the High Museum Membership department, focusing on accurate processing and data maintenance. Work will support the Membership programs and will be responsible to help raise budgeted goals annually.
- 65% Processing and Data Maintenance – Process all donations ensuring data input is efficient and accurate including but not limited to membership payments, membership auto renewal payments, and gift membership payments, updating donor record information as necessary.
- 20% Customer Service Support – Works with customer service representatives to retrieve any additional information necessary to process gifts or update records.
- 10% Reporting – Pulls necessary reports in Tessitura to help provide revenue processing, quality control and revenue tracking.
- 5% Membership Events – Assistant with membership events on an ad hoc basis.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create records for new constituents in Tessitura while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Maintain accuracy in updating members’ records, including address changes and salutation changes as well as recording additional demographic and source information as provided through member surveys, etc.
- Sorting, organizing, and batching all payments for processing according to status of membership, campaign, payment type, etc.
- Process highly detailed membership payments including new memberships, upgrades, and renewals, as well as Annual Fund donations, in the Tessitura database
- Create auto renewal pledge payments in Tessitura and process auto renewal payments monthly
- Reconcile daily income deposits by campaign, fund, and appeal
- Responsible for accurately recording upgraded, rejoined and downgraded membership statistics during payment processing.
- Responsible for entering statistical payment information to be used in tracking direct mail responses, premium usage, sales commissions and other additional statistics as deemed necessary, to be used by Membership Programs, Development, and Finance.
- Use Tessitura to authorize credit cards; report problem cards to Call Center Assistant Manager; help troubleshoot credit card authorization errors.
- Deliver and distribute mail within department; open daily mail with accuracy; deliver problem accounts to appropriate staff.
- Run appropriate lists in Tessitura to help ensure that necessary changes have been made to records and update records as necessary.
- Pull Tessitura reports to create payment forms and set up pledge payments for all auto-renewal sign ups.
- Act as lead for contacting Members regarding Auto Renewal payments, including monthly calls to update records and ensuring appropriate information is updated as needed.
- Act as backup for the Member & Guest Services Center, assisting when needed with outbound and inbound calls.
- Stay abreast on Tessitura best practices to ensure that processing and data maintenance is being handled in the appropriate manner
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in Tessitura a plus.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent computer skills and high level of accuracy in processing.
- Ability to handle multiple task in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional nights and weekends may be necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years experience with Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- experience in payment processing preferred.