A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Museum Shop Sales Associate ( Temp/Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Museum Shop
DEPARTMENT: CC88 – Retail
The Museum Shop sales associate provides customer service to our patrons and is responsible for
completing all transactions and purchases. In addition, the sales associate promotes Museum
membership and solicits donations for our educational programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace the mission statements of both the High Museum of Art and the Retail Operations Department in order to enhance the visitor’s museum experience while helping generate revenue for the museum.
- Be a Museum ambassador who actively promotes the art, mission and programming at the High.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all visitors.
- Work respectfully in a team environment.
- Perform accurate sales transactions along with opening and closing functions, using the Counter Point System.
- Assist with merchandising, restocking, cleaning shops and storage areas.
- Assist with annual inventory of shops and storage areas.
- Work schedule will include weekends, nights, special events and exhibition openings and closings to accommodate Museum extended hours.
- Casual/Professional dress code required.
- High School Diploma required. 2 years of retail experience. Some knowledge of art history
- Able to communicate with visitors, members, staff, and volunteers in a professional and
- Ability to compute rates and percentages.
- Basic math skills required to balance a cash register.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret written and verbal instructions.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The High Museum of Art, founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association, is the leading art
museum in the Southeastern United States. With over 11,000 works of art in its permanent
collection, the High Museum of Art has an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century
American art; significant holdings of European paintings and decorative art; a growing collection of African American art; and burgeoning collections of modern and contemporary art, photography and African art. The High is also dedicated to supporting and collecting works by Southern artists and is distinguished as the only major museum in North America to have a curatorial department specifically devoted to the field of folk and self-taught art. The High’s Media Arts department produces acclaimed annual film series and festivals of foreign, independent and classic cinema. In November 2005, the High opened three new buildings by
architect Renzo Piano that more than doubled the Museum’s size, creating a vibrant “village for the arts” at the Woodruff Arts Center in Midtown Atlanta.
Please visit www.High.org for more information about the High.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply online with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.