Network Administer (Regular/Full-time)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Technology Infrastructure
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Network Administrator role is to provide support on the stability, integrity and efficient operation of all network infrastructure. This position will also be responsible for the configuration backups, firmware upgrades, network project management, and problem analytics. The Network Administrator will provide direction to network team members and work closely with management to improve network operation and security.
• Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
• Maintain inventory and wire map database and other diagram documentation
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and practices in order to help implement infrastructure solutions that meet or exceed our internal and external customers’ SLAs and expectation
• Make improvements to campus and datacenter networking LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi platforms
• Participates in the design and leads the deployment of key Cisco networking technologies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in LAN/WAN routing & switching
• Experience w/ Cisco Nexus platform
• Catalyst 3850 switch experience, with ISR routers
• Cisco Firewalls & Security Cisco ASA desired – Experience w/ DMVPN is a plus
• Load Balancing: f5 LTM desired, experience w/ APM a plus
• GLB (Global Load Balancing) experience preferred
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong experience with common LAN switching technologies (STP, 802.1Q, VTP)
• Experience with CoS/QoS mechanisms and policies (shaping, policing, queuing)
• Experience with common routing technologies (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, redistribution etc)
• Experience with LAN/WAN monitoring tools implementation and use (Solarwinds a plus)
• Proficient in capturing Infrastructure (voice/data carrier services, system components & route configurations) for production support documents
• Experience in building from detailed design as well as ad hoc
• Expert in network documentation and diagramming (Visio is a requirement)
• Experience with Incident Management, Change & Problem Management, and CMDB maintenance (Service Now is a huge plus)
• Experience with cloud computing platform is a nice to have
• ITIL Foundations certification highly desirable.
• CCNA/CCNP certification highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.