Patron Services/Ticket Agent (Temporary/Part-time)
Department: Box Office
Reports To: Senior Patron Services manager
Employment Status: Temporary/Part-time
The Woodruff Arts Center seeks temporary part-time Ticket Agents. Ticket Agents should have knowledge of our current and future performances and exhibits, parking and local restaurants. With kindness, skill and knowledge, Ticket Agents are essential in helping patrons navigate the various events and exhibits connected with all our Arts Partners at the Woodruff Arts Center.
• Evening and weekends only, hours of operation are noon – 11:00pm.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends. 8-40 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Process event tickets through 2 ticketing systems – Tessitura and ticketmaster (Archtics).
• Maintain a current knowledge of all events happening at the Woodruff Arts Center.
• Personable, polite and friendly with people.
• Assist patrons at the Box Office window and/or around campus.
• Receive inbound informational and sales phone calls.
• Make outbound customer service and sales phone calls.
• Provide accurate data entry and cash accountability.
• Must be punctual and reliable for scheduled shifts.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of one year of customer service/sales experience required.
• Ticketmaster and/ Tessitura experience is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Requires excellent communication skills and a desire to provide superior customer service.
• Data Entry and basic computer skills are needed, as well as familiarity with Windows based programs.
• Must be able to function efficiently and courteously in a fast pace environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.