Promotions Coordinator (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Brand Marketing Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Alliance Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Promotions Coordinator is an integral part of the Alliance Theatre’s marketing team, working with the Brand Marketing Manager and Content Strategist to coordinate grass-roots promotions, activities and special events that grow audiences and drive brand awareness for the Theatre.
• Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Some early mornings, evenings and weekends are required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Supports the Alliance Theatre’s marketing strategy by seeking out and coordinating opportunities to promote the Alliance Theatre to target audiences in Metro Atlanta.
• Collaborates with internal departments and external partners.
• Coordinates the Alliance Theatre’s participation in community festivals and Woodruff Arts Center on-campus events.
• Works closely with the Alliance Theatre’s Audience Development team to promote off-stage events that introduce new audiences to the Theatre and its programs.
• Assists the Brand Marketing Manager in executing marketing campaigns for all Alliance Theatre productions.
• Assists the Brand Marketing Manager and Creative Manager with creating and implementing the production calendar and trafficking advertising to ensure on-time delivery.
• Processes and fulfills incoming ticket donation requests and seeks out new opportunities to support organizations and events important to our community.
• Coordinates promotional ticket packages for Alliance Theatre productions in collaboration with the Brand Marketing Manager.
• Leads coordination and on-site management of special events (including annual “Taste of the Season”) and opening night parties.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• B.A. or B.S. required; marketing / arts / communications degree preferred
• Experience in event marketing or promotions preferred.
• Project management and/or special events experience is ideal.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Flexibility, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Collaborative self-starter able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Appreciation for theatre, education and the arts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.