Public Relations Coordinator (Temporary/Part-time)
Reports To: Manager of Public Relations
FLSA: Non – exempt
Employment Status: Temporary/Part-time
To assist with media relations and publicity activities for the Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors special exhibition and Reinstallation.
• Approximately 8-month assignment
• Hours vary between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
• Some evenings and weekends required as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Creating and distributing weekly press update e-mails via e-mail marketing system
• Fulfilling exhibition press requests (materials/photos/press access)
• Serving as on-site PR staff for media tours and special events
• Responding to general requests for exhibition information
• Additional projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Pursuing or Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or other relevant field preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).\
• Must be able to provide two writing samples.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to handle and balance many responsibilities in a calm and efficient manner, with a high level of attention to detail.
• High level of self-direction, self-motivation and ability to set priorities.
• Creative, team player.
• Ability to solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.