Sales Manager ( Regular/Full-Time)
Department: Sales and Revenue Management
Reports to: VP, Sales and Revenue Management
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
Working closely with the VP of Sales and Revenue Management and the Senior Director of Marketing, the Sales Manager plays an integral role in all aspects of sales for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. This position is responsible for exploring and implementing creative opportunities to generate and grow sales revenue from both new and existing group and corporate accounts, in efforts to achieve overall ticket revenue goals. The Sales Manager provides an exceptional patron services experience and assists management with day-to-day marketing functions consistent with the organization’s goals and objectives. The Sales Manager position will help realize the full potential for group and corporate sales across all lines of programming, developing sales campaigns that are tailored to a unique range of products, and serving as an event coordinator for group receptions and events. Special focus should be placed on providing a superior level of customer service and optimization of the patron experience, along with a desire and capacity to work as a part of a results-driven team.
· Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, plus some nights and weekends
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for maintaining and building group and corporate market for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE performances
· Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls and written communication.
· Facilitates group events in conjunction with a concert ticket purchase, including pre/post-concert receptions, and musician meet and greets.
· Distribute offers and promotions via email and direct mail.
· Establish and maintain relationships with clientele through customer service, cultivation and regular communication.
· Represents the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra at tradeshow exhibits and community events.
· Create partnerships through outreach to special interest groups, student/seniors groups and the community at large.
· Establish relationships with business professionals in the community.
· Work with VP of Sales and Revenue Management to build annual sales plan to achieve sales goals. Plan should include target audiences, detailed marketing and sales strategies and tactics, timelines and measurement
· Participate in daily business review meetings and other sales-related meetings as required.
· Process incoming orders and manage invoice process for Group Sales requests.
· As needed, assist with event and performance operations.
· Submit weekly sales reports to track against sales goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Availability to work weekends as needed.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, with at least 2+ years of sales experience in Group, Corporate, and/or Tour and Travel strongly preferred.
· Proven sales experience and a record of successfully achieving sales goals.
· Experience in the arts, entertainment or hospitality is preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities
· Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
· Experience and strong ability to recruit, organize and delegate work to multiple teams. Strong verbal and organizational skills and a professional presence required.
· Requires strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
· Must adapt quickly and calmly to changes in daily routine and work well under pressure.
· Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
· Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.