A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Senior Manager of Safety and Security (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Executive Vice President of Administration
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Senior Manager of Safety and Security will report to the Executive Vice President of Administration and will oversee all aspects of Safety and Security operations for the Memorial Arts Building, which houses administrative offices, event spaces, and symphony & theatre performance venues. Safety and Security operations for the rest of campus will be managed in conjunction with security leadership at the High Museum of Art. This position is responsible for security infrastructure & design, policies & procedures, emergency management plans & oversight of outsourced security service providers. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with the Art Partners (Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Alliance Theater, High Museum of Art) as well as key Administrative Functions (i.e., Facilities, IT, Communications).
• Varies; must be able to respond on an on-call basis to all on-campus emergencies and incidents at all hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Security Infrastructure. Continually assesses vulnerabilities and evaluates physical security measures (i.e., physical barricades, cameras, sensors, back-up generators) required to appropriately address security needs across campus.
• Security Policies. Develops & oversees all security policies & procedures, including post orders, vehicle access control, and alarm response.
• Emergency Management. Develops and updates emergency management plans in partnership with facilities, Art Partner leadership and outsourced service providers. Includes scenarios, procedures, responsibilities, communication & training related to all four phases of emergency management (i.e., mitigation, preparedness, response & recovery). Manages and maintains mass emergency notification technology.
• Workplace Safety. Plans, implements, and oversees employee safety in compliance with and in adherence to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines.
• Contract Management. Oversees all aspects of outsourced security service providers (including police department coverage), such as performance metrics, delivery of services, and invoice management.
• Personnel Management. Evaluates and develops the overall organizational design for security services within the Memorial Arts Building and in partnership with the High Museum of Art for the broader campus. Oversees all aspects of recruitment, training, performance management & coaching, and team development.
• Financial Management. Oversees and manages security budget development & performance, personnel productivity, and overall use of resources.
• Monitoring & Reporting. Develops, monitors and reports out on key performance indicators, including incident report trends & recommendations, that demonstrates a high-functioning department & is patron-focused.
• Daily Operations. Identifies, investigates and resolves security breaches & incidents. Stays abreast of local and national activity via key organizations (i.e., HSIN, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Security Management or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university and Minimum of 10 years experience including 3 years managerial experience is strongly preferred.
• Must have experience leading a security operation in an events-based organization requiring crowd control that also operates regular office building functions in parallel during normal business hours.
• Working knowledge of security databases, access controls, Fire Life Safety, OSHA guidelines and video management systems. Proficient with MS products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Skills and Abilities:
• High degree of knowledge and expertise in security operations, including an understanding of various security and safety devices/controls.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to take control/provide clear direction particularly during a security breach.
• Ability to collaborate with various individuals across each division in a team and service-oriented environment.
• Strong relationship development skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships with senior management, Arts Partners, & vendors.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work effectively in a rapidly changing, matrix-oriented environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent walking, standing, use of hands, stooping, and lifting (at least 10 pounds) is required.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, color, peripheral vision and depth perception, including ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.