Shop Sales Associate (Part-time/Temporary)
Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Retail Shop Manager
FLSA: Non – Exempt
Employment Status: Temporary/Part-Time
The sales associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service and enhance the visitor experience by creating a friendly and comfortable environment.
Must be available to complete temporary assignment beginning November 5, 2018 through February 17, 2019. Work 20 – 30 hours per week based on scheduled shift. Work assigned shifts which includes exhibition opening and closing events, nights, weekends, extended hours, special events and holiday season. Flexibility required for schedule changes based on special events and extended hours.
Friday 9am-5pm or 1pm- 9pm/ 2pm-10pm
Saturday 9am- 5pm, Sunday 12pm-5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Actively approach and assist visitors with shop purchases.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of products and services that will help to drive sales.
• Perform accurate sales transactions along with opening and closing functions, using NCR Counterpoint POS System.
• Maintain shop’s merchandising stands by restocking floor, cleaning shops and organization of storage areas.
• Be knowledgeable about membership structure to cultivate Not Yet Members into Members
• Solicit Round-Up donations
• Maintain a current knowledge about museum permanent collection, exhibitions and public programs.
• Provide excellent customer service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and organization to both external and internal customers in all forms of communication.
• Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all sales associates, staff and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• One-year previous retail experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some knowledge of art history desired.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess good math skills with the basic ability to compute rates and percentages and balance cash register.
• Good reading, written and verbal language skills. Bilingual helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to stand during 4 – 8 hr. shifts.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 50 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Work effectively in a fast pace environment