A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Social Media Coordinator & Content Producer ( Regular/ Full-Time)
Reports To: Associate Director of Marketing & Communications
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION:
The Alliance Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE THEATRE:
The Tony Award® winning Alliance Theatre is the leading producing theater in the Southeast, reaching more than 165,000 patrons annually. Over 116 productions have premiered at the Alliance Theatre, including nine that went on to Broadway and one to Netflix. The theater also just celebrated the completion of a $34 million, state-of-the-art renovation to its main performance space, The Coca-Cola Stage.
Off the stage, the Alliance Theatre is dedicated to education and community engagement. Through performances, classes, camps, in-school initiatives, online programs, and more, the Alliance Theatre reaches over 90,000 students and community members annually.
The Alliance Theatre’s mission is to expand hearts and minds on stage and off through the power of storytelling. The mantra “Your Story. Your Stage.” represents the theater’s commitment to telling diverse stories on a stage dedicated to the Atlanta community.
The Alliance Theatre is looking for a storyteller to manage the day-to-day content development, planning, and reporting for its social media and digital platforms. The goal is to engage fans and grow the brand across three main areas in the organization: artistic, education, and diversity/community. This position will create consistent high-quality content in a fast-paced environment to keep the Alliance Theatre in the news and on the forefront of social media trends.
Content Development – 70%
• Own and coordinate all social/digital content from start to finish. Plan, write, create, edit, and post content for all Alliance Theatre organic social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, and any future platforms
• Provide social media ads to advertising agency for all paid social media & digital campaigns
• Collaborate with Creative Manager and Video Producer on asset development (graphics, behind the scenes videos, production trailers, etc.)
• Shoot and edit photos and videos, as needed
• Monitor and respond to social media comments and direct messages, as needed
• Engage with fans, influencers, partners, etc. on social media channels
• Ensure the brand & content matches the target audience and personality of each channel
Planning & Strategy – 20%
• Create and execute monthly content calendars for all social media channels
• Collaborate with the marketing team and advertising agency to provide social media plans for each campaign/initiative
• Plan A/B tests for paid media
• Oversee social media influencer strategy and relationships
• Manage budget for internally-run paid social media campaigns
• Manage and organize digital asset library
Reporting – 10%
• Develop reports (monthly and by campaign) to measure success of social content
• Identify trends and key insights for what works, what doesn’t, and how to optimize content
Other responsibilities as assigned
• Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
• Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of the theater industry preferred
• 2-5 years experience developing social media content for an organization or brand
• Proficient with social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Socialbakers, or similar
• Proficient in creative editing tools (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
• Ability to work well independently and take initiative on projects
• Adapt to ever changing requests, edits and/or revisions and must be able to take direction and produce an approved finished product in a timely manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Necessary accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Willingness to work some weekends, evenings and early mornings.