A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Sr. Systems Engineer (Regular/Full – Time)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Infrastructure Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
This individual will be responsible for the installation, upgrade, maintenance, monitoring, and tuning of operating systems and assigned software products. Core to this role, but not limited to, will be the overall technical management of the Windows, and VMware computing environments, Veeam Backup and DR capabilities and System Monitoring.
• 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday – Friday | On-call rotation as needed (As escalation only)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Install, configure, manage Windows Server & VMware ESXi / vCenter environments
• Tuning and configuration of SAN environment
• Support and secure Microsoft Active Directory and its structure.
• Use Windows Group Policy to apply configuration and security settings to all Windows clients’ computers in a secure environment.
• Troubleshoot infrastructure issues as they arise
• Integration with AWS, Azure as needed.
• Monitoring and automation utilizing Nagios and Nagios log server
• Apply patches Windows Servers for compliance auditing
• Support the business and IT Software team accomplish their business objectives, prioritized by your Manager
• Administer various security tools to help secure our Windows environment
• On-Call Rotation as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent post high school education and/or work-related experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Information Technology related field
• 5 years: Experience performing IT Windows and VMware systems administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration preferred as well)
• Requires an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and VMware ESXi and vCenter and must be able to work at the highest level of all phases of operating system administration.
Key Technology Proficiencies and Experiences:
• Solid understanding of:
• Server, Storage, network, and database technologies, including VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, NetApp, and Veeam.
• Experience with managing an Office 365 environment
• Experience with cloud computing platforms will be a significant advantage
• ITIL Foundations certification highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Energetic, self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
• Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.