Stewardship Coordinator (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Associate Director of Major Gifts
Employment Status: Regular/Full – time
The Stewardship Coordinator will execute and enhance museum programs and expand member participation through the development and cultivation of the Circle Salon membership level. This person will also support and work as a liaison to the Development Manager, Manager of Circle Programs, and the Associate Director of Major Gifts. Coordinate and manage all aspects of the Circle Salon programming while working with curatorial, development, and other Museum staff to expand various membership levels by upgrading lower level members and attracting new members into each group (Circle Salon, Circles, and Director’s Circle).
• Monday –Friday, 9am-5pm; Some nights and weekends required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Steward existing members through a range of special events and personal visits/communication to enhance renewal rates, upgrade to higher levels, and make additional gifts.
• Manage and facilitate all aspects of donor relations with the Circle Salon constituents including all social events and meetings.
• Maintain accurate gift reporting and acknowledgment procedures for constituents as well as webpage content and social media outlets for Circle Salon.
• Develop a strategic plan and implementation process to identify new audiences, core target groups, and strategic alliances directly related to the Circle Salon membership program.
• Collaborate with the Development Manager, Manager of Circle Programs, and Associate Director of Major Gifts to coordinate and execute all logistics and planning for events and special programming.
• Support and assist the Development Manager, Manager of Circle Programs, and Associate Director of Major Gifts as needed.
• Be a spokesperson for High Museum of Art, developing brand-awareness in the community for attendance, membership, and exhibition awareness.
• Create and implement marketing strategies, track event RSVP’s, manage invitation copy and distribution, and ensure proper follow-up after events and site visits in an effort to cultivate strong relationships with new and existing audiences.
• Manage appropriate budgets and accounts receivable with fiscal responsibility.
• Manage daily reporting in Tessitura database to ensure accurate and up-to-date reporting and conduct donor research for various initiatives as needed.
• Assist Managers with marketing initiatives including direct mailings, e-communications, and event follow up.
• Other duties, as needed and directed by senior staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least one year of experience preferred.
• Experience in soliciting and closing gifts is required.
• Event logistics experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Well-developed writing and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good organizational skills are a high priority.
• Ability to think creatively and problem solve.
• Excellent computer skills including mastery in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in using fundraising software for prospect and contact management strongly preferred. Familiarity with Tessitura desired.
• Event planning and logistics experience required.
• Willingness to staff evening and weekend Museum events upon request.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.