A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Job Division: Alliance Theatre
The Alliance Theatre offers educational programs for youth, teens, and adults through a variety of offerings including in-school residencies, classes & camps, after school programs, and specialty workshops. For more information about our programs, visit our website. We accept Teaching Artist applications on a rolling basis, but do the majority of our hiring in November, December, May, and June. You are welcome to submit an application at any time, but be aware that you may not be contacted until our hiring phase has begun.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to promoting learning.
- When given a curriculum or lesson plan, deliver the assigned material in an engaging and age appropriate manner.
- When creating or using existing curriculum or lesson plans, ensure they are anti-racist, age appropriate, and use engaging and diverse materials to fit the needs of all of your students.
- Follow site-specific protocols and procedures when on a teaching assignment.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully to students, fellow teaching artists, staff, and teachers, and share questions, comments, or concerns with your Program Manager, as needed.
- When appropriate, collaborate with your co-teacher, classroom teacher, or intern to create and/or deliver lesson plans.
- Submit documentation, service reports, and other paperwork as necessary.
- Arrive to your teaching assignment on time, prepared, and ready to teach, having prepared for your lesson ahead of time.
- Represent the mission, vision, and values of the Alliance Theatre Education Department when on a teaching assignment.
- Attend all required trainings, orientations, and meetings.
- Be receptive to feedback and willing to try new things.
Compensation is based on program area and experience level, but starting salary is $25.50/hour.
Submit your application here: https://airtable.com/shrTwuEinTAon8Rdr