Shop Sales Associate (Regular/ Part- Time)
Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Retail Shop Manager
FLSA: Non – Exempt
Employment Status: Regular /Part-Time
The sales associate will assist customers in the day to day sales of merchandise in the Museum Gift Shop
- Hours vary due to High Museum of Arts operating hours. 28-32 hours/week
- Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm , Friday, 9 am – 9/10 pm, Sunday 11am – 5pm
- Must be able to work shift, weekends, holidays and evening events
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greet guests with positive, friendly and helpful attitude. Create and maintain a positive impression of the High Museum of Art.
- Assist guests in product selection and follow proper POS procedures to complete sales transactions.
- Proactively approach all guests to up-sell Memberships and their benefits.
- Proactively approach all guests to round- up their purchase with a donation to the Museum.
- Clearly explain to all members and the general public, information regarding exhibitions, special events, programs and lectures at the Museum.
- Proactively address all guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the Museum, Woodruff Arts Center and surrounding area.
- Demonstrate professional courtesy to co-workers, as well as proper phone etiquette.
- Train and become proficient with all aspects of our Point-of Sale NCR Counterpoint.
- General shop housekeeping and merchandise stocking is required.
- Responsible for assigned schedule and coordinating advance notice of time off with supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2+ years of Sales and Customer Service experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong problem- solving skills.
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping guests.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions both verbal and written.
- Must adapt quickly to changes in daily routine and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and ability to lift up to 30 pounds is needed.
- Occasional access of merchandise utilizing a ladder
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate