The Fifth Annual Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference
June 5 – 7, 2018
Presented by the Alliance Theatre and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, the fifth annual Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference will take place June 5 – 7, 2018. Over the course of three days, participants will experience world-class art and engage in workshops led by professional artists and educators in order to reflect upon this year’s theme: Igniting Imagination.
Sessions announced! The final conference program is available below.
Online registration is now closed! If you are interested in attending the Educator Conference, please plan to walk up to the Help Desk (located in the Galleria of the Memorial Arts Building at The Woodruff Arts Center) to register.
- Early Childhood educators (Pre-Kindergarten)
- Elementary School educators (General)
- Middle and High School educators (English/Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math)
- Theatre and Dance/Movement educators
- General Music/Elementary educators
- Special Education teachers and para-professionals
- School and District administrators
- Teaching Artists
- Representatives from local and national education and arts organizations
- $100.00 per person
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018: Choral teachers
- Wednesday, June 6, 2018: Instrumental (Band) teachers
- Thursday, June 7, 2018: Instrumental (Orchestra) teachers
- $40.00 per person
The One-Day Pass is a new offering, designed exclusively for music teachers and specialists: Choral and Instrumental (Band and Orchestra) teachers. General Music/Elementary educators are encouraged to purchase a Three Day Pass.
Large Group Discount (10% off!)
Groups of ten or more are eligible for a 10% discount. Please contact Liz Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for your large group to attend the conference.
About the Conference
Now in its fifth year, The Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference is one of Atlanta’s most dynamic professional learning events.
Each year, participants have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on a compelling, new theme
- Hear from outstanding, nationally recognized keynote and guest speakers
- Experience world-class art at The Woodruff Arts Center
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues to create practical classroom resources
- Participate in one conference track, or explore an array of topics, including:
- Early Childhood Education
- Performing Arts Instruction: Theater and Music (General, Choral, Instrumental and Orchestral)
- Arts Integration (connecting the arts to content areas such as English/Language Arts and/or Social Studies)
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics)
We are pleased to announce a lineup of four outstanding keynote speakers, who will join us to share insights regarding this year’s conference theme: Igniting Imagination. This year, participants will hear from:
Natasha Trethewey, United States Poet Laureate, 2012 and 2014
Tuesday June 5, 2018
Antoine Hunter, Choreographer, Poet, and Deaf Advocate
Wednesday June 6, 2018
Eric Booth, Actor, Author, and Arts Educator
Wednesday June 6, 2018
Angelica Hairston, Founder & Executive Director, Challenge the Stats
Thursday June 7, 2018