A Message to Our Patrons Regarding COVID-19
Midtown, Atlanta is the home of The Woodruff Arts Center. Since the opening of The Woodruff Arts Center in 1968, the neighborhood has undergone tremendous change; over the last decade alone, over 30,000 newcomers joined the Midtown community. Since 2000, $5 billion of new investment has transformed the area into a vibrant arts community featuring top-rated restaurants and hotels, historic neighborhoods, and thriving commercial centers. The Woodruff Arts Center is proud to share in the growth of Midtown and welcome the inspiration provided by this growing community.
A Day In Midtown
Arts & Attractions
- The Center for Puppetry Arts is the largest organization in the United States devoted to the art of puppet theatre. The Center offers visitors access to their museum, puppetry performances, film screenings and educational programs.
- Piedmont Park is a beautiful space in the heart of Atlanta with over 200 acres of green space, dog parks, sports facilities, and playgrounds. Piedmont Park hosts a variety of events, including the Atlanta Dogwood Festival, Music Midtown, the Atlanta Jazz Festival and the Atlanta Pride Festival, to name a few.
- Colony Square is a business, residential and cultural center. Colony Square is currently undergoing renovations, but soon, Midtown’s residents and visitors will have access to exciting new shops, restaurants and amenities just down the street from The Woodruff Arts Center.
- Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA) is the only design museum in the Southeast. They are devoted to the celebration and study of design and to exploring the role of museums in the 21st
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden is a 30-acre garden which offers a place of calm amidst the bustle of Midtown. In addition to welcoming visitors to their garden, they offer a variety of events, such as live music, children’s programs and temporary exhibits. From September 5 to October 21, 2018, the Atlanta Botanical Garden will host the Alliance Theatre’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Be sure to get your tickets here to see this magical production in their new Skyline Garden.